SANTA is coming! Santa and Mrs Claus will be coming into town for our 25th annual Santa Tour! We will load up the rescue truck with our special guests on December 16th and head out! See below for stop locations and times!
We hope to see everyone there.
Fire Prevention Week 2017
In a fire, seconds count. Seconds can mean the difference between residents of our community escaping safely from a fire or having their lives end in tragedy.
That’s why this year’s Fire Prevention Week theme: “Every Second Counts: Plan 2 Ways Out!” is so important. It reinforces why everyone needs to have an escape plan. Here’s this year’s key campaign messages:
- Draw a map of your home by using our grid with all members of your household, marking two exits from each room and a path to the outside from each exit.
- Practice your home fire drill twice a year. Conduct one at night and one during the day with everyone in your home, and practice using different ways out.
- Teach children how to escape on their own in case you can’t help them.
- Make sure the number of your home is clearly marked and easy for the fire department to find.
- Close doors behind you as you leave – this may slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire.
- Once you get outside, stay outside. Never go back inside a burning building.
Information provided by http://www.nfpa.org/
The members of the North River Fire Department would like to announce the arrival of Engine 3 all thanks to the tremendous support we received from the Island Community as well as the media supporting us during our Chase the Ace fundraiser.
Engine 3 arrived on the evening of Friday 18th,
and Firefighters started on the new apparatus right away! The new truck is slated to go into service sometime this week.
Engine 3 is replacing a 1987 model that was also custom built for the Fire Dept. and has since been sold to a small Fire Dept in North Dakota.
New Engine 3 was build in Centerville N.B. by Metfab Fire Trucks and came at a price of $518,000 which was fully paid by our Chase The Ace fundraiser!
Here is a little Break down of Kingston Legion/North River Fire Dept. Chase the Ace that finished July 9,2016
Ten cards left before July 9th draw
Winner Mike May took home $1,053,340
41 weekly Consolation winners totaling $542,195
NRFD profit $743,000
Kingston Legion $743,000
Kingston Legion will be hosting an Open House with the Fire Department on Sept. 9 at the Legion in New Haven to thank everyone for their support and to view Engine #3. Activities for family’s and CornBoil/hotdogs for those joining us . More info will be posted on Fire Dept FaceBook page as well as NRFD.ca as we get closer to Sept.9 .